Monday, September 5, 2011

All ready for Day 1

Tomorrow is the first day of school...Yikes!  Here is what I have ready for my 3rd graders!  I will have the volume meter by the end of the day.  I also forgot to take a picture of my Houghton Mifflin focus wall so I'll post that tomorrow.

Do it "write" is my writing bulletin board. I went through the LA power pix and pulled out the writing ones and will post them here.  Also I will post the writing process.


The board says "do it write" so before the kids even come in I have the homophones power pic and will teach them  the gesture tomorrow. 

Add caption

Because I anticipate adults and kids asking me about this wall  I added these.


Cute baby helping mom!

We all love Duck on a Bike!

Not WBT related but it's my Number Corner for Bridges Math

My scoreboard. Taylor happy and Taylor sad.  Can you tell I will miss her?

WBT rules. I left out raise your hand for permission to leave your seat. We are constantly on the move and I just won't remember to put the green sticky up. 

Open your books to page.... as well as a poster I made up "Ask 3 before me" Kids should ask 3 friends to remind them of the directions before asking me. 

sideways but it's my genius ladder. 



if you can't tell, it's a rubber band!


Goes with Bridges curriculum, but as I intro math vocab I will use power pix  in a binder because I've  run out of room. I will display them on the wall for a week then change to a binder.



Not WBT but love my outside bulletin. Ingredients are the kids and directions are add one cup homework, 1/2 cup books, etc. add 1 cup love, stir well and enjoy 3rd grade!

How I take attendance.  They put their magnets in a bowl.  One job for my kids is to put the magnets back up at the end of the day. 


Our district goals, state testing goals, "100% participation" and the kids will make their own goals to post up here"

5 comments:

  1. I love your pictures! I totally love the magnet idea! Do you keep those outside your door or in your room? Great job on all the others too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Super Improver wall FAQs! I might have to make something like that too. :)

    Allison
    awholebrainteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am your newest follower! I am just beginning to learn about WBT. I look forward to reading more. I would love to have you stop by my blog when you get a chance.

    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I found your blog! I'm hoping to implement some WBT strategies into my classroom next year!

    Amanda
    P.S. I would love you to join my new linky party about music in the classroom.
    Turn the Music Up Linky Party at Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Wanted to let you know that I'm giving you The Lovely Blog Award. Would love for you to stop by and check it out!

    mywholebrainteachingblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete