Sunday, April 24, 2011

WBT inspired writing lesson

On the WBT forum I discovered some people use Nancy Fitzer to guide their writing instruction. I had never heard of her but I did some quick research. The main component of her writing instruction is kids orally compose a sentence and practice it BEFORE putting pencil to paper. Tomorrow my class will be writing a thank you letter to our chaperones for our fieldtrip last week. We will begin on Monday by doing a shared class letter and tuesday they may choose to copy print from the letter we wrote together OR to use their own ideas to write their own. While coming up with the oral sentences I will have them count their words by hopping one time for each word AND by counting on their finger the amount of words. They will also have to teach their partner the sentence to make sure every kid knows what the sentence is. Looking forward to work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment